|Dimensions||6 × 6 × 7.5 in|
Hi-Solids Acrylic Lacquer Primer
G5400 | Gray (1 Gallon/3.785 Liters)
Q5400 | Gray (1 Quart/0.946 Liters)
5 STAR Xtreme’s Hi-Solids Acrylic Lacquer Primer Surfacer is a fast drying, high build, and easy sanding Acrylic Primer Surfacer that offers good color holdout, minimal shrinkage, and great adhesion to properly prepared substrates.
• 4.5 VOC
• Excellent Adhesion Characteristics
• Hi-Build, Superior Holdout
• Fast Drying
• Easy Sanding Properties
• Can Be Top coated With Any Automotive Paint System
• Indefinite Pot life!
5 STAR AUTOBODY PRODUCTS
TECHNICAL DATA INFORMATION
DATED: MAY 2013
PRODUCT NUMBER – DESCRIPTION
#5400-01 – Hi-Solids Acrylic Lacquer Primer Surfacer GRAY (Gallon) 4.58 VOC
#5400-04 – Hi-Solids Acrylic Lacquer Primer Surfacer GRAY (Quart) 4.58 VOC
#5400 4.58 VOC HI-SOLIDS ACRYLIC LACQUER PRIMER SURFACER – GRAY Offers you high build, fast dry times, and easy sanding to a fine featheredge. #5400 provides great color holdout, minimal shrinkage and good adhesion to properly prepared substrates. Offered in a gray color.
1. Solvent clean surface with compliant #5902 5 STAR XTREME Final Wipe – Wax & Grease Remover.
2. Sand all repair areas with 220 grit sandpaper or finer. Reclean with #5902.
3. Mix by volume: 1 part #5400 4.58 VOC Hi-Solids Acrylic Primer Surfacer to 1 part 5 STAR XTREME #5910 Acetone or LOW VOC High Grade Lacquer Thinner. Follow Manufacturer’s instructions for safe use of solvent.
4. Apply 2 – 3 medium coats. Allow to flash 10 minutes between coats.
5. Allow #5400 to dry 30 minutes before sanding. Use the proper sandpaper grit recommended.
4.58 pounds per gallon
Pot life is unlimited.
Cured Body Filler,
1 part 5400 to 1 part 5910 Acetone or LOW VOC high Grade Lacquer Thinner.
1. Spray at 8-9 psi at the cap for HVLP or 40-45 psi for conventional guns.
2. Apply 2-3 medium coats allowing 10 minutes flash time between coats.
May be sanded in 30 minutes. Excessive film build and cool temperatures will extend dry times.
|Final Sanding:||Sandpaper Grit:|
|To Seal Coat:||P400*|
|To Top Coat:||P600*|
In case of eye contact, immediately flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes and get medical attention. For skin: Wash thoroughly with water. If difficulty in breathing is experienced, get medical attention immediately. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting, get medical attention immediately. See Material Safety Data Sheet.
SAFETY INFORMATION – FOR INDUSTRY USE ONLY:
Danger: Vapor harmful. May affect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache, or nausea. May cause eye, skin, nose, and throat irritation. Harmful if swallowed. Precautions: Vapors may ignite explosively. Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Vapors may cause flash fire. Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn of stoves, heaters, electric motors and other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. Prevent buildup of vapors by opening all windows and doors to achieve cross-ventilation. Use only with adequate ventilation. Do not breathe vapor or spray mist. Do not get in eyes, on skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly after handling. Wear solvent resistant gloves. The material id designed for application only by professionally trained personnel using proper equipment under controlled conditions, and is not intended for sale to the general public.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN