Silver Metallic Urethane Acrylic Paint Kit
New Modified Formula
Item Includes :
1 Gallon Starfire Acrylic Urethane Automotive Finish
1 Quart Starfire Acrylic Urethane Reducer - Medium
1 Pint Starfire Acrylic Urethane Hardener - Wet Look
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION :
Hawthorne "Starfire" Acrylic Urethane Auto Paint is a premium quality, single-stage OEM/Refinishing System which provides excellent gloss and durability in an easy to apply economical single-stage package. Its advanced urethane formula provides unsurpassed durability and gloss. Hawthorne Starfire Urethane Acrylic is a state-of-the-art, 2.8 VOC formulation providing excellent resistance to solvents, chemicals, gasoline, fading, chipping, abrasions and scratches. Starfire provides a high degree of UV protection to help keep vehicles looking glossy and deep in color for years.
- High solids, high build finish
- Extremely fast drying
- Sprayable using conventional or HVLP equipment
- Abrasion and impact resistant
- Outstanding durability
- Sharp automotive gloss appearance
- High distinctness of image (DOI)
- Excellent color retention and fade resistance
- Outstanding resistance to gasoline and diesel fuel
- Excellent flexibility and adhesion over primed surface
- 39 premium colors available with new colors being added all the time
- Superior flow out and leveling
- High UV formula contents protects against fading
- Offers superior durability over other single stage finishes
- Can be applied as a single stage acrylic urethane or top coated with a clear
Complete Urethane Acrylic Single Stage car paint kit offers the greatest durability and gloss in a single stage paint system. It includes one gallon of our Premium Urethane Acrylic car paint, 1 pint Urethane Activator and 1 quart medium speed Urethane Reducer, 1 Disposable Respirator, 3 Paint Strainers and 3 Stir sticks. This kit includes everything you need to paint your car. Ratio is 8 parts paint, 2 parts Urethane Reducer, 1 Part Urethane activator.
Trinity 1945 Inc
Starfire Acrylic Urethane Technical Information Guide
Starfire Acrylic Urethane is an easy to use single stage paint system. Starfire acrylic urethane offers a high gloss, easy flow out, and a durable chip resistant finish with out the need for a clear coat.
Starfire Acrylic Urethane paints can be applied over properly prepared OEM finishes or previously painted surfaces (enamel, urethane, and lacquer). Fiberglass, plastics, body work, and bare metal may require the use of a primer.
8 Parts Paint
2 Parts Reducer
1 Part Hardener/Activator
Example - 8oz paint, 2oz reducer, and 1oz hardener
To mix this product, measure out the items into a mixing cup. Mix only enough paint to spray at that time. DO NOT mix all material at the same time. Repeat process as needed.
Temperature – 65-80 degrees
Humidity – Less than 50%
Unmixed paint – estimated 4-6 hours
Mixed paint – estimated 30 minutes
(The use of retarders or reducers other than what is provided in the kit may alter pot life.)
Before sanding it is recommended to wash with soap and water only. The use of a wax and grease remover is also recommended. Sand areas and apply primers as needed. Read directions for the primer used before applying top coat.
Starfire Acrylic Urethane can be sprayed with most spray gun setups.
HVLP - 1.3-1.5mm - 8-10 psi at the cap
Conventional - 1.3-1.5mm - 35-50 psi at the gun
Siphon - 1.3-1.5mm - 35-70 psi at the gun (8-12 psi at the cup)
20”-21” #2 Zhan cup
Apply 2-3 even medium wet costs 6-10” inches from vehicle. Flash time between coats is 15-20 minutes depending on shop conditions. A final “Dust Coat” may be required to even out any metallic.
Dry times are based on average shop conditions and film thickness achieved.
Dust Free: 30 Min
Tack Free: 4-6 hours
Sandable: 24 hours
Fully cured: 7-10 days
Buff and Polish: 7-10 days
Wax: 60 days
VOC: 5.0lbs/Gal max
Theoretical Coverage: 300sqft/Gal
Weight Solids: 39% avg.
Volume Solids: 31.8 avg.
Recommended Film Thickness: 2.0 mil
Shelf Life: 12 months
SAFETY AND HANDLING
PAINT MATERIALS CAN CAUSE IRRITATION OF THE RESPIRATORY ORGANS AND HYPERSENSITIVE REACTIONS. ASTHMA SUFFERS THOSE WITH ALLERGIES AND ANYONE WITH A HISTORY OF RESPIRATORY COMPLAINTS SHOULD TAKE PROPER PRECAUTIONS. DO NOT SAND, FLAME CUT, BRAZE OR WELD DRY COATING WITHOUT NIOSH APPROVED AIR PURIFYING RESPIRATOR WITH PARTICULATE FILTERS OR APPROPRIATE VENTILATION AND GLOVES.
Login to review this product. | Be the first to write a review.
Best Price Online
- Steedjohnd from eBay
only within the Continental US. International,
AK, HI, Next Day and 2nd Day, delivery are not available.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
Shop by Category
- Acrylic Enamel Auto Paint - Starfire Gallons
- Acrylic Urethane Basecoat - Starfire Gallons
- Acrylic Urethane Auto Paint - Starfire Gallons
Single Stage Paint Kits
- Acrylic Enamel Auto Paint Kits
- Acrylic Urethane Auto Paint Kits
- Kirker Flat Finish Auto Paint Kits
- Xtreme Urethane Auto Paint Kits
Two Stage Paint Kits
- Acrylic Urethane Basecoat - TCI Clearcoat (good)
- Acrylic Urethane Basecoat - Starfire Clearcoat (better)
- Acrylic Urethane Basecoat - 5-Star Clearcoat (best)
- Acrylic Urethane Basecoat - Xtreme Flat Clearcoat