5-Star Direct To Metal Self-Etching Primer w/ Reducer
5415 | D.T.M. Self-Etch Filler Activator (1 Gallon/3.785 Liters)
5 STAR XTREME #5414 Self-Etching Primer is a Chromate Free Metal Etching Filler that is ideal for spot/panel repairs where bare metal is present. It increases both adhesion and corrosion protection on bare substrates. It fills minor surface imperfections and may be topcoated directly for quick and easy repairs.
Self-Etching Primer Filler for use on steel, fiberglass, aluminum and certain galvanized and zinc coated steel. Can be topcoated directly.
#5414 Self-Etching Primer and #5415 Etching Filler Reducer is a Chromate Free Metal Etching Filler that is ideal for spot/panel repairs where bare metal is present. It increases both adhesion and corrosion protection on bare substrates. It fills minor surface imperfections and may be topcoated directly for quick and easy repairs.
Steel, Fiberglass, Galvanized Steel, Cured Body Filler, Aluminum, OEM Enamel, OEM Lacquers.
Film build full wet coats
176 sq. ft.
Etching Filler Reducer
Mixing - National Rule:
1 part D.T.M. Etching Filler to 1 part D.T.M. Etching Filler Reducer
1. Solvent clean surface with 5 Star #5900 or #5905 wax and grease remover
2. Grind repair area to remove paint and all rust as needed
3. Apply body filler, if required
4. Sand all areas to be refinished and featheredge all broken film areas with 320 grit
5. Use 36" masking paper to prevent overspray problems
Spray at 5-9 PSI at the cap for HVLP or 30-35 PSI for conventional guns. Apply 2-3 medium wet coats allowing 2-3 minutes flash time between coats.
Recoat in 30 minutes, Sand in 60 minutes, After 24 hours must be lightly scuffed before topcoating. Final dry film thickness should be a minimum of 1.0 mil.
SAFETY INFORMATION FOR INDUSTRY USE ONLY:
Danger: Vapor and spray mist harmful. Overspray may cause lung damage. May cause allergic skin and respiratory reaction, effects may be permanent. Flammable liquid and vapor. Harmful if inhaled. May affect the brain or nervous system causing dizziness, headache, or nausea. May cause eye, skin, nose, and throat irritation. Contents: See product label for contents and CAS #'s. The contents of this package must be blended with other components before the product can be used. Any mixture of components will have hazards of all components. Before opening the packages, read all warning labels. Follow all precautions. The material is designed for application only by professional trained personnel using proper equipment under controlled conditions, and is not intended for sale to the general public.
Login to review this product. | Be the first to write a review.
Best Price Online
- Steedjohnd from eBay
only within the Continental US. International,
AK, HI, Next Day and 2nd Day, delivery are not available.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
Shop by Category
- Starfire Enamel Gallons
- Starfire Lacquer Gallons
- Starfire Basecoat Gallons
- Starfire Urethane Gallons
- Acme Finish 1 Gallons
Single Stage Paint Kits
- Acrylic Enamel Auto Paint Kits
- Acrylic Urethane Auto Paint Kits
- Flat Finish Auto Paint Kits
- Xtreme Urethane Auto Paint Kit
- Acme Finish 1 Kits
Two Stage Paint Kits
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - TCI Clear (good)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - Starfire Clear (better)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - 5-Star Clear (best)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - Xtreme Flat