ProForm DTM Epoxy Primer
13152 | Epoxy Part A (1 Gallon/3.785 Liters)
13158 | Epoxy Part B (1 Gallon/3.785 Liters)
ProForm Direct to Metal Epoxy Primer Sealer is a universal epoxy primer formulated lead and chromate free. This system exhibits excellent adhesion and corrosion resistance while drying fast and providing superb color holdout to properly prepared steel, galvanized steel, aluminum, fiberglass, some plastics and cured finishes. Direct to Metal Epoxy Primer Sealer is easy to sand and topcoat with all current base coats. DTM epoxy primer sealer will fill sanding scratches up to 220 grit as a primer surfacer (2 to 4 mil film thickness). Paintforcars Direct to Metal Epoxy Primer Sealer may be re-coated as soon as it has flashed, and should be top-coated within 24 hours to avoid any adhesion problems. No induction time is required. The cured product is sandable.
When using DTM Epoxy Primer sealer as a primer mix 1 part primer to one part catalyst (1:1). When using as a primer sealer mix one part primer, one part catalyst to 1/2 urethane reducer. (1:1:1/2)
- Outstanding adhesion to Bare Metals
- Lead and chromate free
- High corrosion resistance
- Fast Dry and with virtually no shrinkage
- Excellent color holdout
Proform Epoxy Primer Sealer is a two component, isocyanate free product designed to be used as a corrosion resistant primer. It dries fast and provides very good topcoat colour holdout.
Note: Temperature of product and surface must be between 21°C and 24°C (70°F and 75°F). Check expiry date on cartridge (year/month/day).
• Excellent adhesion
• Corrosion resistance
• Excellent colour holdout
All substrates must be degreased and sanded. All rust must be removed.
1. Wash vehicle with soap and water.
2. Clean metal surfaces with PF 605 Wax & Grease Remover. Clean plastic surfaces with PF 606 Plastic Parts Cleaner. Wipe dry while the surface is still wet.
3. Sand area with 180 - 220 grit abrasive to remove any corrosion.
4. Re-clean area with PF 603 Final Wipe.
5. Aluminum and Stainless steel must be sanded with 180 - 220 grit paper even if a metal prep or self etching primer is used.
6. Apply primer to aluminum and stainless steel substrates within 72 hours after sanding.
FOR PRIMER 1 : 1
1 part Epoxy Primer : 1 part Epoxy Primer Catalyst
FOR SEALER 1 : 1 : 1/2
1 part Epoxy Primer : 1 part Epoxy Primer Catalyst : 1/2 part Urethane Reducer (PF 682 Slow, PF 683 Medium or PF 684 Fast)
May be tinted using universal tinting bases. The mixing ratio should not exceed 5% of the primer.
A five minutes mechanical agitation and a 30 minutes induction period are mandatory before spraying.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
All drying times refer to shop temperature of 25°C (77°F) / 50% humidity. Allow additional drying time when optimal conditions are not reached.
SPRAY GUN AND PRESSURE:
Gun Type Fluid Tip Air Pressure
Siphon Feed 1.4-1.6mm 45-55 psi
Gravity Feed 1.2-1.6mm 40-45 psi
HVLP 1.2-1.6mm 10 psi
Apply 1 - 2 full wet coats of primer allowing 15 minutes flash between coats (1.0 mils DFT). Allow 30 to 60 minutes dry times before applying additional primers or topcoats. To achieve maximum film integrity, allow at least 3 hours dry time if film thickness exceeds 1.0 mils. Allow 12 hours drying time before applying body fillers.
IF USED AS A SEALER:
1. Apply 1 wet coat to achieve a dry film of 0.5 mils DFT.
2. Allow 20 - 30 minutes flash time before applying topcoat.
If Epoxy Primer / Sealer is allowed to dry more than 1 week, primer must be cleaned with PF 603, sanded with 500 grit paper before topcoating, or sealer must be scuff sanded and re-applied. Over some under-cured OEM substrates, a recoat lift may occur. The solution is to apply PF 661, PF 662 or PF 664 as a sealer after 1 hour and topcoat as normal.
Do not use fish eye eliminator in this product.
4 to 6 hours.
Clean equipment with lacquer thinner immediately after use.
It is important to test the compatibility of this product with your paint system. This product is not recommended for use in temperatures below 16°C (60°F). The use below these temperatures will affect dry times and performance.
Conventional Primer Epoxy Sealer
Viscosity: (#2 Zahn) 20-22 seconds 18 – 20 seconds
Volume Solids 23% 16%
Film Build 0.8 – 1.0 mils DFT 0.5 mils DFT
Coverage: (@ 1 mil) 365 sq ft 288 sq ft
V.O.C. 574.5 g/l (4.79 lb/gal) 574.5 g/l (4.79 lb/gal)
Flex Additive Not Required Not Required
Humidity Resistance Excellent Excellent
Salt Spray Resistance Excellent Excellent
Best Price Online
- Steedjohnd from eBay
only within the Continental US. International,
AK, HI, Next Day and 2nd Day, delivery are not available.
Shop by Category
Single Stage Paint Kits
- Acrylic Enamel Auto Paint Kits
- Acrylic Urethane Auto Paint Kits
- Flat Finish Auto Paint Kits
- Xtreme Urethane Auto Paint Kit
- Acme Finish 1 Kits
Two Stage Paint Kits
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat (5-Star Clear)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat (Starfire Clear)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat (Xtreme Flat Finish)