Candy Apple Red Acrylic Enamel Paint Kit
- 1 Gallon Starfire Acrylic Enamel Paint
- 1 Quart Starfire Acrylic Enamel Medium Reducer
- 1 Pint Starfire Acrylic Enamel Hardener - Wet look
PaintForCars Starfire High Solids Acrylic Enamel, is a
single-stage, fast drying, easy to spray durable finishing system specifically
developed for the automotive market, offering OEM durability and gloss in a
single stage finish. PaintForCars Starfire offers refinishers a chemical and
solvent resistant paint film that resists chipping, cracking, fading and
excellent adhesion over virtually any original equipment (OEM) type finish with
the proper preparation . Starfire will give any vehicle a "right off the
production line" look. PaintForCars Starfire acrylic enamels are available in 39
premium packaged colors. Comprised of 50% higher volume solids than conventional
acrylic enamels, PaintForCars Starfire offers outstanding hiding properties and
typically covers up to 35% more than other finishes and is lead free. When mixed
with 1 pint per gallon of Starfire acrylic enamel hardener its gloss,
gloss retention, durability and long term are dramatically increased.. For
overall refinishing, Starfire Acrylic Enamel Series provides versatility and
durability at prices that are extremely competitive in today's auto paint
- High solids, high build finish
- Extremely fast drying
- Sprayable using conventional or HVLP equipment
- Abrasion and impact resistant
- Long term durability
- Sharp automotive gloss appearance
- High distinctness of image (DOI)
- Excellent color retention and fade resistance
- Outstanding resistance to gasoline and diesel fuel
- Excellent flexibility and adhesion over primed surfaces
- 39 premium colors available with new colors being added all the time
- Can be applied as a single stage acrylic enamel or top coated with our acrylic enamel clear or Urethane clear for base coat clear two stage results
- Complete one stage kit with reducer and hardener includes everything for a one stage finish.
PaintForCars Starfire High Solids Acrylic Enamel can be applied as a single stage or can be top coated with a clear coat for higher durability and gloss.
Trinity 1945 Inc
Starfire Acrylic Enamel Technical Information Guide
Starfire acrylic enamel is an easy to use single stage paint system. Starfire acrylic enamel offers a high gloss, easy flow out, and a durable chip resistant finish without the need for a clear coat.
Starfire acrylic enamel paints can be applied over properly prepared OEM finishes or previously painted surfaces (enamel, urethane, and lacquer). Fiberglass, plastics, body work, and bare metal may require the use of a primer.
8 Parts Paint
2 Parts Reducer
1 Part Hardener/Activator
Example - 8oz paint, 2oz reducer, and 1oz hardener
To mix this product, measure out the items into a mixing cup. Mix only enough paint to spray at that time. DO NOT mix all material at the same time. Repeat process as needed.
Temperature – 65-80 degrees
Humidity – Less than 50%
Unmixed paint – estimated 4-6 hours
Mixed paint – estimated 30 minutes
(The use of retarders or reducers other than what is provided in the kit may alter pot life.)
Before sanding it is recommended to wash with soap and water only. The use of a wax and grease remover is also recommended. Sand areas and apply primers as needed. Read directions for the primer used before applying top coat.
Starfire Acrylic enamel can be sprayed with most spray gun setups.
HVLP - 1.3-1.5mm – 8-10 psi at the cap
Conventional - 1.3-1.5mm – 35-50 psi at the gun
Siphon - 1.3-1.5mm - 35-70 psi at the gun (8-12 psi at the cup)
20”-21” #2 Zhan cup
Apply 2-3 even medium wet costs 6-10” inches from vehicle. Flash time between coats is 15-20 minutes depending on shop conditions. A final “Dust Coat” may be required to even out any metallic.
Dry times are based on average shop conditions and film thickness achieved.
Dust Free: 30 Min
Tack Free: 4-6 hours
Sandable: 24 hours
Fully cured: 7-10 days
Buff and Polish: 7-10 days
Wax: 60 days
VOC: 5.0lbs/Gal max
Theoretical Coverage: 300sqft/Gal
Weight Solids: 39% avg.
Volume Solids: 31.8 avg.
Recommended Film Thickness: 2.0 mil
Shelf Life: 12 months
SAFETY AND HANDLING
PAINT MATERIALS CAN CAUSE IRRITATION OF THE RESPIRATORY ORGANS AND HYPERSENSITIVE REACTIONS. ASTHMA SUFFERERS THOSE WITH ALLERGIES AND ANYONE WITH A HISTORY OF RESPIRATORY COMPLAINTS SHOULD TAKE PROPER PRECAUTIONS. DO NOT SAND, FLAME CUT, BRAZE OR WELD DRY COATING WITHOUT NIOSH APPROVED AIR PURIFYING RESPIRATOR WITH PARTICULATE FILTERS OR APPROPRIATE VENTILATION AND GLOVES.
Login to review this product. | Be the first to write a review.
Best Price Online
- Steedjohnd from eBay
only within the Continental US. International,
AK, HI, Next Day and 2nd Day, delivery are not available.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
Shop by Category
- Starfire Enamel Gallons
- Starfire Lacquer Gallons
- Starfire Basecoat Gallons
- Starfire Urethane Gallons
- Acme Finish 1 Gallons
Single Stage Paint Kits
- Acrylic Enamel Auto Paint Kits
- Acrylic Urethane Auto Paint Kits
- Flat Finish Auto Paint Kits
- Xtreme Urethane Auto Paint Kit
- Acme Finish 1 Kits
Two Stage Paint Kits
- Urethane Basecoat Clearcoat - TCI Clear (good)
- Urethane Basecoat Clearcoat - Starfire Clear (better)
- Urethane Basecoat Clearcoat - 5-Star Clear (best)
- Urethane Basecoat Clearcoat - Xtreme Flat