Starfire Urethane Clear Coat - 2657
2657 | Starfire Urethane Clear - 4.2 VOC (1 Gallon/3.785 Liters)
2655 | Starfire Urethane Activator - Medium (1 Quart/.946 Liters)
Starfire Urethane Clear Coat - 2657 is a medium solids clearcoat that is easy to spray providing excellent flow out, gloss, and DOI. With two activators to choose from it offers versatility in most shop conditions and temperatures. Starfire Urethane Clear Coat - 2657 can be used for partial or complete paint jobs in need of a high quality, durable finish and is compatible with virtually any base coat. Offers extremely fast dry times, extremely high gloss, very easy buffing, ease of application and National rule compliant. UV sunscreens offer extreme resistance to fading.
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION :
Starfire Urethane Clear Coat - 2657 is a two component polyurethane clearcoat formulated to offer refinishers ease of application, great flow and leveling, superior gloss and excellent distinctness of image in a 4.1 VOC conventional solid polyurethane clearcoat.
Starfire Urethane Clear Coat - 2657 is a fast drying and easy to use urethane clear designed with the fast paced shop in mind. Starfire Urethane Clear Coat - 2657 can be applied over virtually any single stage or base coat auto paint. (See product technical data sheets) Starfire Urethane Clear Coat - 2657 offers flash times of just 15 minutes with superior gloss and no die back.
Starfire Urethane clear is a medium solids clearcoat that is easy to spray providing excellent flowout, gloss, and DOI. Starfire can be used for partial or complete paint jobs in need of a high quality, durable finish.
Stsrfire clear is a two component polyurethane clearcoat formulated to offer refinishers ease of application, great flow and leveling, superior gloss and excellent distinctness of image in a 4.6 VOC conventional solid polyurethane clearcoat.
• Apply Undercoats and Basecoat per manufacturer’s instruction.Over OEM or completely cured previously painted substrates scuff with a grey scuff pad or 600 grit then wipe clean with an approved solvent or water-borne wipe.
• Allow basecoat adequate flash time (follow manufacturer’s recommendation)
• Follow basecoat manufacturer’s recommendation for recoat intervals.
Mix 4 parts clear base with 1 part activator by volume. Activator selection should be based on the size of the part to be painted and the temperature of both the air and part at time of painting.
When properly covered at 77°F, Starfire Clear will maintain a sprayable viscosity for at least from 4-6 hours depending on shop conditions.
FLEX ADDITIVE: Not required
Note: Do not spray when surface temperature is below 50°F.
CLEAN UP AND STORAGE:
Clean spray equipment immediately after use with gun wash solvent.
• Commercially available acrylic/cab basecoats with a VOC less than 6.6 lbs/gal
• Properly prepared previously painted substrates
1.3 mm – 1.5 mm tip
1.6 mm – 1.8 mm tip
1.3 mm – 1.6 mm
Conventional @ Gun
HVLP @ Cap
Flash Between Coats
Force Dry (Convection Heat)
Purge time before applying heat
Force Dry Time
Sand and Buff
7.64 lbs/gal (unactivated)
VOC (Volatile Organic Content)
17" Zahn #2
465 F2/gal @ 1 mil thickness
Best Price Online
- Steedjohnd from eBay
only within the Continental US. International,
AK, HI, Next Day and 2nd Day, delivery are not available.
Shop by Category
- Starfire Enamel Gallons
- Starfire Lacquer Gallons
- Starfire Basecoat Gallons
- Starfire Urethane Gallons
- Acme Finish 1 Gallons
Single Stage Paint Kits
- Acrylic Enamel Auto Paint Kits
- Acrylic Urethane Auto Paint Kits
- Flat Finish Auto Paint Kits
- Xtreme Urethane Auto Paint Kit
- Acme Finish 1 Kits
Two Stage Paint Kits
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - TCI Clear (good)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - Starfire Clear (better)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - 5-Star Clear (best)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - Xtreme Flat