Vibrant Lime Green Urethane Basecoat Gallon
- 1 Gallon Starfre Basecoat Paint
Paintforcars "Starfire" Urethane Basecoat is a superior quality base coat clear coat, two-stage refinishing system designed to meet or exceed OEM quality finishes. It is our highest quality finish and provides superior gloss and durability in a easy to apply two stage package. It's advanced urethane formula provides unsurpassed durability and gloss. Paintforcars Starfire Urethane Basecoat Clear Coat is a state-of-the-art, 2.8 VOC formulation providing excellent resistance to solvents, chemicals, gasoline, fading, chipping, abrasions and scratches. Starfire provides a high degree of UV protection to help keep vehicles looking glossy and deep in color for years.
- High solids, high build finish
- Extremely fast drying
- Sprayable using conventional or HVLP equipment
- Abrasion and impact resistant
- Outstanding durability
- Sharp automotive glossy appearance
- High distinctness of image (DOI)
- Excellent color retention and fade resistance
- Outstanding resistance to gasoline and diesel fuel
- Excellent flexibility and adhesion over primed surface
- 39 premium colors available with new colors being added on a regular basis
- Superior flow out and leveling
- High UV formula contents protect against fading
- Offers superior durability over single stage finishes
Trinity 1945 Inc
Starfire Urethane Basecoat Technical Information Guide
Starfire urethane basecoat is an easy to use two stage paint system. Starfire urethane basecoat can be used with a variety of urethane clear coats to achieve the desired gloss and UV protection.
Starfire urethane basecoat paints can be applied over properly prepared OEM finishes or previously painted surfaces (enamel, urethane, and lacquer). Fiberglass, plastics, body work, and bare metal will require the use of a primer.
3 Parts Paint
1 Parts Reducer
Example - 3oz paint, 1oz reducer
To mix this product, measure out the items into a mixing cup. Mix only enough paint to spray at that time. DO NOT mix all material at the same time. Repeat process as needed.
Temperature – 65-80 degrees
Humidity – Less than 50%
Unmixed paint – If properly covered paint will maintain indefinite pot life.
Mixed paint – estimated 4-6 hours uncovered
(The use of retarders or reducers other than what is provided in the kit may alter pot life.)
Before sanding it is recommended to wash with soap and water only. The use of a wax and grease remover is also recommended. Sand areas and apply primers as needed. Read directions for the primer used before applying top coat. The use of acrylic lacquer primers will require a wait of 24 hours before painting.
Starfire urethane basecoat can be sprayed with most spray gun setups.
HVLP - 1.3-1.5mm – 8-10 psi at the cap
Conventional - 1.3-1.5mm – 35-50 psi at the gun
Siphon - 1.3-1.5mm - 35-70 psi at the gun (8-12 psi at the cup)
14”-18” #2 Zhan cup
Apply 2-3 even medium wet costs 6-10” inches from vehicle. Flash time between coats is 15-20 minutes depending on shop conditions. A final “Dust Coat” may be required to even out any metallic. A clear coat should be applied within 45-60 minutes after final color coat. Refer to clear coat tech sheet for flash and dry times.
Dry times are based on average shop conditions and film thickness achieved.
Dust Free: 30 min
To Clear: 45-60 min
Tack Free: 4-6 hours
Sandable: 24 hours
Fully cured: 7-10 days
Buff and Polish: 7-10 days
Wax: 60 days
VOC: 3.5/Gal max
Theoretical Coverage: 300sqft/Gal
Weight Solids: 39% avg.
Volume Solids: 31.8 avg.
Recommended Film Thickness: 1.0-2.0 mil
Shelf Life: 12 months
SAFETY AND HANDLING
PAINT MATERIALS CAN CAUSE IRRITATION OF THE RESPIRATORY ORGANS AND HYPERSENSITIVE REACTIONS. ASTHMA SUFFERERS THOSE WITH ALLERGIES AND ANYONE WITH A HISTORY OF RESPIRATORY COMPLAINTS SHOULD TAKE PROPER PRECAUTIONS. DO NOT SAND, FLAME CUT, BRAZE OR WELD DRY COATING WITHOUT NIOSH APPROVED AIR PURIFYING RESPIRATOR WITH PARTICULATE FILTERS OR APPROPRIATE VENTILATION AND GLOVES.
Best Price Online
- Steedjohnd from eBay
only within the Continental US. International,
AK, HI, Next Day and 2nd Day, delivery are not available.
Shop by Category
- Starfire Enamel Gallons
- Starfire Lacquer Gallons
- Starfire Basecoat Gallons
- Starfire Urethane Gallons
- Acme Finish 1 Gallons
Single Stage Paint Kits
- Acrylic Enamel Auto Paint Kits
- Acrylic Urethane Auto Paint Kits
- Flat Finish Auto Paint Kits
- Xtreme Urethane Auto Paint Kit
- Acme Finish 1 Kits
Two Stage Paint Kits
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - TCI Clear (good)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - Starfire Clear (better)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - 5-Star Clear (best)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - Xtreme Flat