Starfire Acrylic Lacquer Auto Paint - Champagne Gold Metallic - 1 Gallon
- High build finish
- Extremely fast drying
- Sprayable using conventional or HVLP equipment
- Sharp automotive gloss appearance
- High distinctness of image (DOI)
- easy application with extremely fast dry times
- easy correction of application issues in the buff process.
- Excellent color retention and fade resistance
- Outstanding resistance to gasoline and diesel fuel
- Excellent flexibility and adhesion over primed surfaces
- 39 premium colors available with new colors being added all the time
- Can be applied as a single stage acrylic lacquer or top coated with our acrylic lacquer clear or Urethane clear for base coat clear two stage results
- Available in 1 gallon factory pack colors
PaintForCars Starfire Acrylic Lacquer is a single-stage, fast
drying, easy to spray durable finishing system specifically developed for the
automotive restoration market , offering OEM durability and gloss in a single
stage finish. PaintForCars Starfire Acrylic Lacquer fills the void in the
automotive restoration field left by many paint manufactures who have
discontinued manufacturing Lacquer paints. Starfire Acrylic Lacquer offers fast
dry times, superior gloss and a chemical and solvent resistant paint film that
resists chipping, cracking, fading and excellent adhesion over virtually any
original equipment (OEM) type finish with the proper preparation . Starfire will
give any vehicle a "right off the production line" look. Starfire Acrylic
Lacquers are available in 39 premium packaged colors with new colors being added
all the time. For overall refinishing, Starfire Acrylic Lacquer Series provides
versatility and durability at prices that are extremely competitive in today's
auto paint markets.
PaintForCars Starfire Acrylic lacquer must be applied with a lacquer thinner a ratio of two parts paint, 1 part lacquer thinner.
Trinity 1945 Inc
Starfire Acrylic Lacquer Technical Information Guide
Starfire acrylic lacquer is an easy to use two stage paint system. Starfire acrylic lacquer offers a quick drying, durable, high gloss paint finish (Needs to buffed and polished for shine).
Starfire acrylic lacquer paints can be applied over properly prepared OEM finishes or previously painted surfaces (enamel, urethane, and lacquer). Fiberglass, plastics, body work, and bare metal will require the use of a primer.
2 Parts Paint
1 Parts Thinner
Example - 2oz paint, 1oz reducer
To mix this product, measure out the items in to a mixing cup. Mix only enough paint to spray at that time. Repeat process as needed.
Temperature – 65-80 degrees
Humidity – Less than 50%
Unmixed paint – If properly covered paint will maintain indefinite pot life.
Mixed paint – estimated 4-6 hours uncovered
(The use of retarders or reducers other than what is provided in the kit may alter pot life.)
Before sanding it is recommended to wash with soap and water only. The use of a wax and grease remover is also recommended. Sand areas and apply primers as needed. Read directions for the primer used before applying top coat.
Starfire acrylic lacquer can be sprayed with most spray gun setups.
HVLP - 1.3-1.5mm – 8-10 psi at the cap
Conventional - 1.3-1.5mm – 35-50 psi at the gun
Siphon - 1.3-1.5mm - 35-70 psi at the gun (8-12 psi at the cup)
14”-18” #2 Zhan cup
Apply 3-4 even medium wet costs 6-10” inches from vehicle. Flash time between coats is 10-15 minutes depending on shop conditions. A final “Dust Coat” may be required to even out any metallic. A clear coat can be applied after 24 hours of the final color coat. Refer to clear coat tech sheet for flash and dry times.
Dry times are based on average shop conditions and film thickness achieved.
Dust Free: 10-15 min
Sandable: 24 hours
To Clear: 24 hours
Fully cured: 7-10 days
Buff and Polish: 7-10 days
Wax: 60 days
VOC: 3.5/Gal max
Theoretical Coverage: 300sqft/Gal
Weight Solids: 39% avg.
Volume Solids: 31.8 avg.
Recommended Film Thickness: 1.0-2.0 mil
Shelf Life: 12 months
SAFETY AND HANDLING
PAINT MATERIALS CAN CAUSE IRRITATION OF THE RESPIRATORY ORGANS AND HYPERSENSITIVE REACTIONS. ASTHMA SUFFERERS THOSE WITH ALLERGIES AND ANYONE WITH A HISTORY OF RESPIRATORY COMPLAINTS SHOULD TAKE PROPER PRECAUTIONS. DO NOT SAND, FLAME CUT, BRAZE OR WELD DRY COATING WITHOUT NIOSH APPROVED AIR PURIFYING RESPIRATOR WITH PARTICULATE FILTERS OR APPROPRIATE VENTILATION AND GLOVES.
Best Price Online
- Steedjohnd from eBay
only within the Continental US. International,
AK, HI, Next Day and 2nd Day, delivery are not available.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES
Shop by Category
- Starfire Enamel Gallons
- Starfire Lacquer Gallons
- Starfire Basecoat Gallons
- Starfire Urethane Gallons
- Acme Finish 1 Gallons
Single Stage Paint Kits
- Acrylic Enamel Auto Paint Kits
- Acrylic Urethane Auto Paint Kits
- Flat Finish Auto Paint Kits
- Xtreme Urethane Auto Paint Kit
- Acme Finish 1 Kits
Two Stage Paint Kits
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - TCI Clear (good)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - Starfire Clear (better)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - 5-Star Clear (best)
- Urethane Base Coat Clear Coat - Xtreme Flat